November 30, 2009

Love - Use your Scraps challenge



Posted by PicasaLove - by Amy
Amy sent the following description: Recently my husband and I were invited to a wedding, so of course that meant I needed a card! I pulled this patterned paper out of my stash. It was already cut to a 6x12 size. I folded it in half and I had the base of my card. Next I found some cream and these black glitter scraps and punched shapes out of them. I knew I wanted to add ribbon soI raided my ribbon scrap jar (I have two actually) and found this sheer black ribbon. I was then able to find some cream and black prima flowers and add jewels and pearls to the centers of them. Next, I went through my letter stickers looking for pink letters that I could spell the word "love" with. These pink glitter letters coordinated perfect with the glitter cardstock and gave the card a more feminine touch.

"Love"
Supplies:
cardstock and glitter paper: the Paper Company
Patterned paper: Making memories
Ribbon: michaels
Flowers: Prima
Jewels and pearl: Prima
Letters: Making memories
Punches: Marvy Uchida

Thanks for looking - now it's your turn. Complete your Scrap project and send a picture and brief description to scrappinpsycho@live.com before Midnight December 31st. All projects will be posted - and a winner will be chosen to become our February Guest Design Team Member.

Thanks for playing along.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty Amy. I like that pp and the glittler scallped circle with the pink love word. Way to use your Scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Amy - you make it look so simple!

    Great use of scraps - and not just the paper kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, this is beautiful... so soft & pretty! Love the touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete