September 5, 2011

September Grid Challenge by Sue

I was more than happy to tackle this one! The grid design is one of my favorites, so I challenged myself to do something a little different...a little outside the box, so to speak.

This 7 Gypsies paper was already divided into squares, so I just cut a bunch into smaller pieces and pieced everything together like a puzzle. The result? Way too busy!

So I randomly removed some of the squares to expose more white space. The grid is still there, but some of it is now implied. I think it looks more playful this way, supporting the photos and theme of this page.

A title, a bit of journaling, and a few brads. Done!

Now it's your turn to take the September Grid Challenge. See all the details HERE. Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new every day.

9 comments:

  1. Totally love this! Very colorful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to edit Sue! I really think you rocked this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your final layout is wonderful! I love what the white space and the letters layered on top do to your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love that you showed us your process and your title color mix is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your implied grid! Very fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed it. So helpful to see your process, the before and after. Makes a real point about all this "white space" everyone talks about! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is great!!! I really liked your final page!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea of breaking up the squares - it makes your layout just right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "implied" grid look and it does give your look a more playful feel. Very nice colorful layout!

    ReplyDelete