October 15, 2013

Sketch with Stash Challenge #8

Hello friends of Scrap Our Stash!
Welcome to our October Sketch with Stash Challenge!

For this challenge you must:
1) Create a layout isnpired by the sketch below 
2) From your stash, you must add your choice of 
Mist, Paint, Watercolors or Gelatos 
Here's the sketch:
You can flip it, turn it, or change the size of the photo, as long as we can tell your entry was inspired by the sketch!!

To be eligible for the October prize drawing, you must link up your layout to Mr. Linky on the right side of our blog by October 29, 2013 ~ 11:59pm (PST)

And don't forget to check out the SOS CHALLENGE GUIDELINES!
You also have until October 29th to participate in our 
October Stash Challenge:  Tic Tac Toe

Complete both challenges this month and that gives you two entries into our
Monthly Prize Drawing

Our October Guest Designer
Steffanie Seiler
has created this adorable layout inspired by our 
October Sketch with Stash Challenge
"Latest Addition"
And this is what Steffani shared about her layout:  
I am a big fan of sketches and start most of my layouts using one as a guide. This particular sketch suited by photos so well that I really didn't change much of anything. I began with some subtle misting in the background using a numbers stencil which I thought tied in nicely with the word "addition" in my title. I machine stitched just as in the sketch indicated---one of my favorite go-to techniques! I thought about stitching in the lower corner as well, but in the end decided it wasn't necessary, especially with the journaling there. One obvious change I made was to use bones instead of stars which better supported my subject. Thank you, Brenda, for a great sketch to work with!
Click HERE to visit Steffani's Blog and check out her beautiful work!!!

We have truly enjoyed the inspiration that Steffani has shared with us this month and hope that you will leave here a comment below and/or visit her blog and leave her a comment and let her know that you have also enjoyed the inspiration she has graced SOS with this month!

And now...it is your turn to create a layout using this sketch along with your mists, watercolors. gelatos and/or paint!   

Stop by tomorrow for more Design Team inspiration!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!!! I LOVE pet layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Love this month's sketch. Glad to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, I did both challenges, it was hard to find time but finally I did them ;)
    always a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch, much fun :-) My entry is up now. XX Kada in Sweden

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thanks for hosting such fun challenges. Love the inspiration. A great way to use up my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the sketch! Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete