March 15, 2015

March Sketch Challenge #24 with Guest Sketch Artist ~ Karan Gerber!


Hello Everyone!
Today we are excited to introduce you to our 
March Sketch Artist
Karan Gerber

"My Name is Karan Gerber and I love scrapbooking.
 I reside in south western Ontario, Canada, with my family. My husband, Glenn of 20 years and our two boys; Ellijah and Galen
My passion for this hobby definitely shows in the projects I love to create.  My family, children and grand children are the main inspiration for my projects and you will often see their smiling faces adorning my pages and projects. I first began scrapbooking when a neighbor invited me to a home party and i have been hooked ever since. that was over 16 years ago. I love creating all kinds of paper projects. I can best describe my style as detail oriented of which i love to incorporate textures and layers of dimension whenever i can.

 From canvas, to chipboard, fabric and layers of paper. I enjoy tucking tags for journal spots and hidden elements that the reader can pull out and learn more about the people in the photo. I take a great deal of pride in my work and this shows  in all my projects i create.  I am currently designing for Heartfelt Creations and am a Market Contributor for Canvas Corp Brands.


I am also the proud  Owner and Sketch Designer for two successful Sketch Blogs; 

Sketchabilities and Cardabilities."

To check out more of Karan's beautiful work visit her blog:
My Heart on Paper

Now for our
March Sketch Challenge 

Create a layout inspired by this awesome sketch designed by Karan
And...you are to add GOLD embellishments to your page.
One more important thing...click HERE for the SOS Challenge Guidelines!!! 
Make sure to link your layout to Mr. Linky on our side bar by March 29th at midnight PST.


Play along this month in either or both of our challenges and you will be entered into our random drawing to recieved this prize from our March sponsor: 


Clique Kits is generously providing the following prize our March random drawn winner a fabulous
March Kit:
More photos of the prize may be found here:
Please take some time out and visit Clique Kits! 


 Here is Karan's fabulous take on the sketch:
Karan shared this with us about her layout:

"The Ribbon is Gold, the Arrow on top right is painted gold, and i have used Radiant Rain Solar Gold and Tattered Angels Gold Paint in the flicks and final details.

I have scraped this photo once before.  It is of our Granddaughter Ariel. This was taken last summer when we had a visit from them while we were camping and she was throwing rocks trying to make them skip.

detail photos - layer detail under photo

close up of mist and gold paint splatters

closer detail of photo and layers

top right corner detail

Thank you for allowing me the Opportunity to share a Sketch and Project with you today on behalf of Scrap your Stash!

Materials Used: 7Dots - Destination Unkown Papers; Tags; Spellbinder DIe; Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose Die and coordinating Cling Stamp; Gesso; Trunnk Bay Glimmer Mist; Radiant Rain Solar Gold; Tattered Angels Paint; Beads from dollar store.


We are looking forward to seeing how everyone interprets Karan's sketch!
Return tomorrow for more inspiration! 

Happy Scrapping! 


8 comments:

  1. Awesome sketch and fabulous inspiration! Love your work! Thank you so much for sharing your work and being our Guest Sketch Artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch was definitely an inspiration to me, in fact it inspired me to start a blog and enter a challenge for the first time! I am looking forward to following such talented artists, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feeling so inspired with all the beautiful layouts the DT has shared. Just added my layout. The first time I have entered a challenge here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sketch and layout Karan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just entered my layout for the Sketch Challenge #124 in the nick of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karan's layout is just incredible...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the opportunity to design a sketch and share my layout with you.

    ReplyDelete