July 25, 2017

"Friend" LO by DT Alicia Redshaw

Hello Friends!

Today's inspiration is from our Designer Alicia! Check out her wonderful layout
inspired by the July Sketch Challenge:

Alicia said this about her layout:
"Hello again and thank you for visiting the Scrap Our Stash Challenge Blog today. Today I am sharing my take on the SOS Sketch and Word Challenge for July, which includes an awesome sketch and the word - Fireworks.

The stash items I have used for the word Fireworks are:
F - Flowers, Feathers
I - Ink (through a stencil and splattered on background)
R - Resin Flowers, Rhinestones
E - Epoxy/Enamel Dots
W - Wooden Leaves
O - Overlay (filmstrip printed)
R - Roses, Ribbon
K - Key Charm
S - Sequins, String

Wow that was a long word, which worked perfectly for my layered shabby chic layout. The photograph is of my dear friend Tricia, who we stay with when we go to Brisbane - and loves us just the way we are! Oh, and best of all Tricia is a Scrapbooker too.

I cut the timber paper apart and distressed it before putting it back together on the double frames. I have then used the ink and stencil randomly on the background before adding the layers of papers and then some splotches of shimmer inks. The photograph was added last of all after all of the embellishments which include flowers, leaves (diecut and wooden), string, key charm, ribbon, resin flowers, sequins, pearls, enamel/epoxy dots, filmstrip overlay cut into sections, diecut doily, feathers and rhinestones.
So there you have my take on the SOS July Sketch and Word Challenge, and now it is your turn to Wow us with your amazing creations……."

Here's the sketch challenge:
Click HERE for SOS Challenge Guidelines
Entries due: July 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment