August 24, 2010

August Challenge


Guest Design Team Member Malina submitted this single 12x12 page layout: Simply Divine for the August Flower Challenge. She said, I dressed up this layout of my daughter Taylor by using some of my favorite purchased flowers. I chose the butterfly for the center as a way to represent what is transpiring this year, the year of 13. Taylor has emerged into a beautiful young woman but also the butterfly is a subtle reminder of the short time she will stay with me, drying her wings, and then fly off on her own...Since it is divine though I needed to dress it all up with silver shimmer mist and Smooches on the butterfly's.

Now it's your turn to take the flower challenge. Just submit your flower project to scrappinpsycho@live.com. Your project will be posted here and you will be eligible to be chosen as a future Guest Design Team Member. See all the details in August Challenge below.

Don't miss our "Pagerize This Challenge" Check out all the details in the "Pagerize This Challenge below.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. This is a great way to do flowers. I like the butterflies in the middle of each one. Great layout too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the black flowers! You have a beautiful page and daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page looks just beautiful, love the colours and the attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feel of this page - the colors are great! The flowers and the bling are just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lo! I love the butterflies and what they symbolize!! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! I love the blue with the black accents.

    ReplyDelete