July 2, 2012

July STARS and STRIPES by Haley

Design team member Haley has submitted this for our July challenge:

For my July submission, I dug deep into my stash! First, my goal this summer is to get my scrapbooks caught up and all the pages I've made in actual albums. These pictures are from when my now-11-year-old was 15 months old! I used the current Superhero paper pack and American Celebration stamp set along with the retired Shining Star stamp set (all from Close To My Heart). I used some old favorite stamping techniques (random stamping and rock 'n rolling) along with a new idea: the star border cutout. The embellishments are also a mix of old (gold star brads) and new (sparkles). You can see close ups of the pages and more info about the techniques on my blog (http://inkyscrapper.blogspot.com).

Inky hugs,
Haley













Now it's your turn to come and play along with us! Go here for the details of the challenge :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love those photos! Your all so cute in your matching shirts! I've never seen those pp's and they are so awesome! Love that star line! Great job on the stars & stripes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome journaling! Love the pattern papers. What a fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.... just waiting for the paper companies to catch-up to your needs? It was worth it!
    These pages are perfect.
    Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the different stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute! Love all those stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 pagers are awesome! So nice to see one now and then :) This is a fine lo and great flow through both sides!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the balance of this double layout, it works so well, and those stars really pop! K x

    ReplyDelete